Sunday, March 8, 2009

Egg Types

Someone once told me that eggs have a magical spell in that once you work with them you will be addicted to this hobby.  I must say that over the years I have become more obsessed with decorating eggs.  I work with all sorts of eggs ranging from the smallest quail eggs to the biggest ostrich eggs.  The eggs you see below are the ones that are easily sourced from specialty farms in Thailand.

Several weeks ago I met an interesting Etsian who is now my friend.  She has a pet parrot which regularly lays eggs and that she has so many of them that she feels sad everytime that she has to throw them away.  She offered to airmail her parrot's eggs to me for free so that I could use them in my craft.  Her generosity touched me and I knew that she was a person with a kind, compassionate, and loving heart.  These small acts of kindness keeps me motivated to do things that I love.










No comments:

Post a Comment